Google Ads Vs. Organic Traffic
Nobody wants to pay for traffic that would come to their site naturally, but there’s some evidence that paid search traffic converts better than organic traffic – with conversion rates up to two times higher. This can be attributed to better targeting and landing page control. Also, listings on the top of Google Search pages have way higher clickthrough rates than below that.
Get in Front of Key Searches Today!
SEO is important work to maximize our marketing performance, but it can take time for SEO changes to take effect. If you have been involved in SEO decisions you will remember it's a lot of guessing and checking, not sure what effects have caused what increase or decrease. With Google Ad’s that is never an issue because conversions are tied directly to keywords and you can get an instant ROI. This makes the decision-making progress so much faster. Time is Money!
Google Ads Are Flexible
Google Ads provides many options so you can customize your campaigns and ads to your particular needs, hyper-targeting the audiences you want to reach most.
For example, with Google Ads you can:
- Specify keyword match types – You can display your ad only to people who search for an exact keyword you specify, like “vegas hotels” – filtering out traffic on general terms related to Las Vegas or hotels. SEO, on the other hand, is aspirational. You can’t always define what you rank for.
- Use ad extensions to display product images, a phone number, a mega-pack of links to your site, as well as your physical location. You can even initiate a chat or get an email address right from the SERP.
- Narrow your audience by location, time of day, language, browser or device type and more. A good portion of your SEO traffic may be worthless to you. For example, if you only need US-based leads, and half your web traffic comes from Australia but in Google Ads, you don’t have to display your ads around the world.
- Access an enormous network of non-search users on properties like Gmail and YouTube and numerous other partner sites.
- Leverage the display network, which is great for building brand awareness and often converts at a lower cost than Google Search.
Your Competitors Are Using Google Ads
Maybe we should have started with this one, huh? If you search terms that are related to your business and see your competitor’s ad on the top, then they must be making money. Just like when you challenge them in pricing or quality of service, you must challenge them in digital performance. If your competition is not on search, it could mean either it’s not effective for your business type, or there’s a huge opportunity for growth.
If your still not convinced remember this story. Two shoe salesmen come to a town and realized that nobody in this town wore shoes. The first calls his office and says, “It’s no good here. Nobody wears shoes!”
The second calls his office and says, “Great News! Nobody here wears shoes.”
Is the glass half empty or half full?
Google Ads Are Scalable
One of the trickiest challenges for any business is scaling up. This means it doesn’t require five times the effort to get five times the leads. Google Ads are highly scalable. If you create a Google Ads campaign that is converting at a profitable rate, there is no reason to arbitrarily cap spend on that campaign. You can increase your PPC budget and your leads and profits will increase accordingly. This makes Google Ads highly effective for businesses that need a lot of leads but are short on time. Google also has tools available to you to help forecast your future sales while recommending a budget to maximize the opportunity.
Google Ads Complements Your Other Marketing Channels
Google Ads are complementary to your other marketing efforts. Remarketing is an especially powerful way to use ads to target people who have interacted with your business. With Google Ads Remarketing, you can track past visitors to your website and your display ads will then “follow” them around the Internet, so your brand stays top of mind.
You can even show them the exact product that they searched for, along with cart abandonment emails. Retargeted ads have an extremely high ROI compared to other marketing channels.
Google Ads Are Measurable
Compared to traditional marketing channels like TV and magazine advertising, online marketing is highly measurable. In fact, Google Ads PPC is one of the most measurable of all online channels. Google Ads are transparent, providing tons of PPC metrics that allow you to see at a granular level what works and what doesn’t. You can determine pretty quickly if your campaigns are going to be successful on bringing you a good ROI or not.
We’ve given you a lot of great reasons why you should consider a Google Ads campaign. This very successful pay-per-click (PPC) advertising system can work for almost any business. When your customer is online searching, will they find you?
At RCC Web Media our certified Google Ads specialists have the experience to create the right campaigns to keep your company ahead of your competition. Give us a call today at 888-565-7102 or reach out to us on the contact form to discuss a PPC plan that works for your company.