We’re operating in a time of uncertainty and fear due to the coronavirus. Our Michigan governor has closed schools and most businesses for the next three weeks and has ordered a mandatory stay-at-home order.
Obviously, this will impact our national and local economies. The question is, how much and how long will it last? What’s the new normal look like? How can we get through this period of uncertainty?
Relative to the human element, small businesses will bear some of the brunts of this situation. We must do what we can to stay strong. Soon we’ll be entering a new normal. But until that happens, and things level out, you might be wondering, is it appropriate to market your business during the coronavirus crisis? And, how to do it.
If you want to stay ahead of the shutdown, you MUST keep your relationships with your clients. When doing this with the right tone, posture, and approach, it’s absolutely appropriate to market your business during the coronavirus crisis. The major economic development projects are still happening. The global supply chain should become more localized. Your prospects and customers will be spending more time at home with the news media — wanting to know the latest news and insights. Leadership and visibility will lend more credibility to your company – and you’ll come out stronger on the other side. And we will reach the other side soon.
Here are the top five things to consider when marketing your business during the coronavirus crisis:
- Show how you’re providing resources, education, and support to your employees and customers.
- Embrace your leadership role and provide consistent updates on your progress and also share your business continuity plan. It could be helpful to others.
- Leverage your media partners by providing tips and insights into what you’re seeing in the market.
- Using the right tone and posture, maintain, if not increase, your presence using trusted local media platforms.
- Check your pre-scheduled social media posts. Make sure they match the tone of the current environment.
With the majority of individuals confined to their homes, there are more people than ever on social media and the web. Keep your message going so you are close in mind when things resume back to normal.
Our team at RCC Web Media is here for you to help your business through this storm. Remember, all storms pass through and the sun shines again. This should not be long-term and as soon as it’s over, the weather should be breaking and people ready to get out moving in full force.
Give our experts at RCC Web Media a call at (888) 565-7102 or reach out to us on our contact form. We are the trusted digital marketing services professionals providing assistance for you during this unforeseen time!